Thursday, November 11, 2004

Freeing the Web

Made a very interesting discovery this morning: the wireless network that i can access from Conk's apartment on King St is also available to me here on Kent St. That's a fair distance. I'm likin' it. It won't be too long before everybody is able just to buy a network card or whatever (computers are coming with WiFi built in now, aren't they?) and jump from network to network as they travel around the city. I wouldn't mind paying some kind of fee for a national wireless network. Very cool. The purchase of my card is definately feeling less extravagent.

EDIT
Throw rocks and cabbage at me, I'm an idiot.
The network that I get in my house isn't part of any widespread super-network -- it's a home network going by the name of its hardware, just like the one at Conk's apartment...bah! And here I thought I was living the cyber life. Well boourns to that. And boourns to my believing it while I'm tossing the boournes around.

No comments: