Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Paste (Issue 18)

The Oct/Nov issue of Paste has a really nice sampler. Three tracks in and it's still complimenting my Sleemans buzz with gentle, shimmering guitars and muted, splashy cymbols. Almost snowy.

Ack. And a moment before the publish click comes David Grey singing something countrified.

Next.

What's this? Oooh, the first three songs were so good though! Track five = Cary Brothers with a sound akin to Etheridge.

Why publish now; let's see how many tracks until the next good song.

Pretty much indifferent to #6, although Dungen is treading pretty close to Coldplay territory here. Warning warning! (Sirens blare, coloured lights revolve and cast mist shadows against submarine steel.)

Onward, iTunes, onward!

Here's a familiar one -- BSS's messy, tantrumatic "Ibi Dreams of Pavement." Been listening to this one a lot lately. Disc for Christmas, maybe? Please, yes.

I need some binoculars for this laptop. Binoculars for my eyes. All the better to see you with, my pixels.

End transmission.

3 comments:

Has said...

Hahahaha oh, Kyra -- another Sleeman's buzz?

K. said...

You know it Has. I'm working on developing a drinking problem. Thus far I have had little success, but I have a new strategy that I hope to implement soon: Drinking in public and academic realms. Think on the bus and before the always nerve destroying presentation class. A flask has already been Christmas requested.

Has said...

A brown paper bag would be a lot cheaper than a flask. Save the money for the booze.