Thursday, October 26, 2006

So this huge reptile stomped on my modem...

Haven't posted in a monthly while -- but here I am. Instead of offering my own excuse, here's a list of reasons for having not posted lately, as given by various truant bloggers.

A few minutes ago I sent a brief email to Jess, hoping that she won't consider me a long lost friend who has no reason to be emailing her anymore. She sent me a typically lovely letter last winter, along with a of beautiful pair of wool mittens that she knitted. I never said thank you, I never wrote back. Every time I started a new letter to her, all that I had to say crowded to the top of my mind and in the end nothing flowed out. What I really want is to meet at a tea shop in the middle of winter and talk like we used to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, kyra, i know the feeling you're describing about your friend. i'm in the same boat.
i'd like to visit you and conk again soon, and go out for coffee/tea/drinks/food...and hopefully see a hockey game before conk's season ends! i'm regretful that i didn't go see that game when i was actually there...
i like hanging out with you gals xoxo