Tuesday, November 28, 2006

One of a Kind

An outing with Mom and Jeanette to the One of a Kind show yesterday afternoon was really nice. It was good to spend some time with Mom out of the house, out of the Beach, doing something we both enjoy. Since tickets are valid for the duration of the show (so long as you remember to pick up a readmission stub on your way out), I plan on going back this weekend. There are a few things that caught Mom's eye, I noticed.

Cloaks, scarves; plush, woolen, wooden things; and candies. One day, when I have a real, paying job, all my friends and family will open beautifully crafted Christmas and birthday presents bought at shows such as Toronto's One of a Kind.

This season, the show opened on November 23 and will continue until Sunday, December 3: So, if you haven't been yet, you still have a few days to enjoy exploring a mini universe of pretty things :) If you're in town, consider joining me this weekend.

Below is a short list of artisans who you might enjoy as much as I have.

No comments: