Thursday, May 15, 2003

Audio News Update

The Beach has one record store. This one record store is chocked full of Top 30s Chart, soft rock, and mainstream classical. This record store is always out of stock when it comes to music that I'd like to buy. So I have go downtown. Today I ended up settling for the HMV on Yonge because I knew that what I wanted would probably be in stock there. And it was. I feel bad about hitting up HMV and not Rotate or whichever other independant store I should have gone to instead. (And to think that I was bugging Miranda about Blockbuster!)

To: The wonderfully diverse music vendors of Toronto

I am very sorry for spending money at HMV this afternoon. I could have bought from the Sam's right next door. At least Sam is Canadian. I tried, I really did. But Sam's was all out of the first two titles that I was looking for. And HMV was so conveniant. So there. So predictable.
I promise that my next music purchase will be made in cramped, locally owned quarters.

From: Kyra, the kleenex carrying, bleary eyed girl in the brown sweater

Now then. Here's what I came home with --> (1.)The Postal Service - Give Up (2.)Mirah - you think it's like this but really it's like this (3.)The Be Good Tanyas - Chinatown (4.)Ugly Cassanova - Sharpen Your Teeth

No comments: