Friday, October 03, 2003

CONNECT THE DOTS, MARGARET

"You'd better listen up, Frankie, because I've got something important to tell you -- that's the last time you call me doll face, and I mean it. Oh if I were to complain to Buzz about all the 'sugar pies and sweet-things' I have to put up with in an afternoon with you he'd, he'd --"

"He'd what, kiddo? Can I call you kiddo?"

"He'd fire you for starters, that's for sure. And no, I don't want you to call me kiddo either. My name is Margaret, and that's what I want you to call me. Lemme tell ya buster, things are go--"

"Ahem...buster? I thought you said you'd had it with the nicknames, Mar-ga-ret.."

"--things are going to change -- they're going to change tonight! From now on when I'm up on this stage and you're down there pretending not to peek up my skirt every chance you get - oh I see you trying, Frank - you are not going to say 'Wouldja mind just twirling around a little when you come to that part, sweetheart?'. No. ...From now on you'll say Margaret."

"Alright then, Margaret. I'll do my darndest. Anything to make my lead girl happy. Now, would you be a dear and pass me that script we were looking at? I've carelessly left it on the first step down the trap exit."

"Here."

"We'll have to have a word with Mister O'Shea about those stockings of yours...runs that reach to the most indecent heights. Wouldn't you say, Margie?"

"Margaret."

No comments: