Friday, April 28, 2006

My birthday ride!!


2005 blue chevrolet optra
Originally uploaded by w_yvr.
This year my mom has given me one of the best, and certainly the most extravagent, birthday gifts I have ever received -- a 2004 Chevrolet Optra! (The photo at right shows the '05 model and colour of my car.) I can't believe that I have a car. So many years in the wanting, and now there's bright blue one sitting in our driveway. :) My autotrader days are over!

I've actually had the sedan for a couple of weeks now, and I've been driving it to school every day. If I said that I feel extreme guilt over abandoning the TTC, it wouldn't be true. Driving to and from school in my own car is sooo much better than waiting for two busses and a subway. (As I say this there is some guilt coming up, but I'll address that once the euphoria of my new car has ebbed.)

- Now taking suggestions for a road trip in late August.
- This car is drive-through friendly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kyra!
happy birthday, and congrats on the new ride!
i have a fantastic idea for a road trip, but i want to come too - montreal, baby!
let me know what you think of my idea...
~mandi

Anonymous said...

oooorrrrr...i was thinking maybe nyc?
~m