Monday, February 20, 2006

England, England, Jordan

Received an email from Zandra this weekend: Congratulations are in order as she has been accepted onto this summer's dig in Jordan! Zab and I haven't seen eachother much at all in the last year+ due to work, school, and travel schedules (as well as some sloth on my part); hopefully we can spend some time together when we're both back in Toronto. (Zab is currently visiting friends in Nottinghamshire over reading week, and I will be leaving for Heartfordshire in less than two weeks.)

My upcoming trip to England will be with, and funded by, my mother. Relations between us are often strained. I'm unsure as to how much fun(/relaxation/enlightenment) this reading week vacation of ours will be, but I hope to make the best of it...and I've already suggested that the two of us spend some time pursuing our individual interests while in London and Paris. Thank god for June, our semi-host and tension de-fuser extraordinaire.

1 comment:

Has said...

Kyra,

Wow, it sounds like you have quite a nice trip ahead! I'm completely jealous! Maybe this time away will take some of the strain off of your relationship with your mom. A new setting usually means a new perspective. :o)